Re: Finally, cyl head removed, (long?)

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Finally, cyl head removed, (long?)
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:16:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Barry Schwartz wrote:

> Well I finally got the head off the GT6.  Oh what a joy.  Had the usual
> stuck head bolt,...

                    ~snip~

> Head's still stuck,
> frozen to that stud! Damn!! I still couldn't remove that one stud...

                          ~snip~

>  Get the old breaker bar out, confidence
> high, apply much torque, stud slowly starts turning.  Snap, bang, >OUCH,...

                             ~snip~

>  Hummmmm. . .pull, pry ,lever, jump up and down swearing,
> this stud is frozen in this head and this head is not coming off! But, >he
>head turns with stud intact.  Hummmm, just enough room to turn the >head...
                            ~snip~

>  Continue rotating head as if it were a wrench. YEAH, VICTORY!
>
> Barry Schwartz

Barry,

      I love it !!!!!  No stopping you!!! Come hell (frozen stud,) or
high water, my man gets the job done! I admire your tenacity, rotating
the head to turn the stud. Really you had no recourse, and it worked,
but I couldn't help laughing to myself.... It kinda reminded me of the
old joke about needing five [insert ethnic group here]'s to change a
light bulb, one to hold the bulb, four to turn the ladder.
    My only hope is you never have a wheel stud frozen to a wheel~ you
could really throw your back out spinning the GT 6 around to loosen it!
<very big grin>

                            JOE IV
                            TR 250
                    WALLINGFORD, CT. USA