Re: Finally, cyl head removed, (long?)

To: Bschwartz@encad.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Finally, cyl head removed, (long?)
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 11:45:46 -0500
Great Story Barry!  A shame to mess up THE ONLY CAR THAT BEAT US at the Moss
Motors field meet last summer!

BTW, when I reassembled the 1500 for my 65 Spit, I used AN grade BOLTS
purchased from Pegesus Racing, instead of studs.  Now I know the stud theory,
"Put the torque on the top stud threads, not on the threads on the bock".
 But where are nearly all engines other than BMC and Triumph assembled with
BOLTS?
Did the Brit engine mfgrs not bother to tap a few extra threads into the
head?  Was it a matter of being able to use a lower quality material by going
with studs?  Anyway, the real question is what will happen to my motor?  (I
uses good lube on the bolts).  I noticed the Brit Ford Kent motor in the
Capri uses BOLTS.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Brian

79 Spitfire