Rusty Frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rusty Frame
From: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:44:57 -0800
With all the talf about TR6 frames flexing I decided to crawl under my car with
a screwdriver and probe around the frame. To my surprise I found a small hole
in the left trailing arm. After opening the hole up just a bit ( about the size
of a dime)I hit the frame with a mallet an a pile of rust scale feel out. My
question to the group is when do you consider rust to be such a problem that
you replace the whole  member or can I get away with just a patch.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
P.S.  Do you have to pay customs if you order parts from Rimmer Bros.