RE: Light Switches

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Light Switches
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:59:06 -0500
Encoding: 57 TEXT
Andy I have forwarded the message below in support of what I claim.
I have looked at all the schematics I have for Spit MKII's all show the
multi terminal pull switch except one. The schematic in TRF's Spitfire MKI
II & III
catalog shows the lighting the way you describe it, it is also the only one
that shows the foot operated high beam switch so you may be right (who
would doubt our fearless leader :-}). But I still believe that there were a
mix of wiring imported into the States. It is a simple separate harness to
add the foot dip switch to the "UK" version. Remember that the wiring
harness is the same for right and left hand drive cars with the gauges in
the center the later cars with the gauges in front of the driver needed to
have different harnesses. I did not buy a new harness for my car I spent
many hours repairing and re-taping mine.