TR6 Diff Mount Bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Diff Mount Bushings
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:54:31 -0500
Re: Clunk noise:  My TR6 diff sometimes makes a "click" more than a clunk,
and the mounting brackets are sound.  The rubber mounting bushings between
the diff to the brackets are soft and seem to be pliable; no spaces.  I
believe there to be play in the diff itself, as the diff never clicks once
underway or even after downshifting.

I've heard discussed on the list polyurethane bushings for these mounts.
 What are the advantages of these bushings versus stock?  Will they reduce
stress on the brackets?  The car is autocrossed 5-8 times a year, haven't had
a problem at all.  (I'd love a Quaiffe LSD, though.)
Should I be concerned, or  can I only wait for the disaster  that may never
happen before I replace these diff mount bushings?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kevin D. O'Connor