Re: TR6 Diff Mount Bushings

To: Kdoc111@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff Mount Bushings
From: Creigtrium@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 23:00:51 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-15 12:00:57 EST, Kdoc111@aol.com writes:

<< Re: Clunk noise:  My TR6 diff sometimes makes a "click" more than a clunk,
 and the mounting brackets are sound.  The rubber mounting bushings between
 the diff to the brackets are soft and seem to be pliable; no spaces.  I
 believe there to be play in the diff itself, as the diff never clicks once
 underway or even after downshifting. >>

Have you had the differential out to inspect the mounting points?  I am in
the process of working on the differential bushings on my TR6.  Untill I took
my differential out, I thought my mounting points were OK.  When I took out
my differential I found the front passenger side mount broken.  Then I read
in TRF TR6 catalogue Vol. 1 on page 201 that this is a very common problem.
 I think my TR6 has had all the common problems!

Happy motoring!

Creig Houghtaling
'74 TR6