Re: HELP! TR4A rigid axle springs

To: 75701.242@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: HELP! TR4A rigid axle springs
From: Rtrickey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 22:02:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I think I am confused by what you have described that you have done.  I have
a 1965 TR4A ridgid axle I have done a ground up on and in fact have had the
springs and axle out a couple of times.  I had the springs recurved instead
of buying new ones and had little problem getting the assembly back together.
When putting the springs back on the car did you use a floor jack to
reassemble?  Do you have the Bently or Haynes Manual available for review?
 If the springs are so stiff that putting a jack under the area where the
axel would go and jacking the car up does not help it seems you do have a
problem.  If you would care to further describe your problem in case I am
missing something I shall be glad to help all I can.

Rebe Trickey
1965 TR4A