Mailboxes Etc. Was SUCKER ??? no meangingful lbc content

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@lsil.com>
Subject: Mailboxes Etc. Was SUCKER ??? no meangingful lbc content
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:34:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gary Oehrle wrote:

> Oh, the advantages of living on the West Coast.

snip

> The bad news, if it can be called that, is that it cost me
> $25.68 to return the old starter via UPS ground trac through
> Mail Boxes Etc.
>
> Let's see $45.00 -25.68 is about $19.32.
>
> BTW, TRF paid $13.75 to ship it out in 3 days.
>
> I do not know about MOSS's policy but next time, when ever
> that is . . . . . .

(but then maybe avoid Mail Boxes and go to UPS direct)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Greetings all,

In a former life I spent 15 years managing retail real estate.  I  had
numerous Mail Boxes Etc and similar concept merchants as tenants.

The amount of merchandise they sell is minimal, with little markup.  The
startup expense of building a store with the secure mailbox area is high
and the franchise fees are steep.  The only way these stores can pay
their rent is the fees they charge to package items people bring in and
a surcharge on all items shipped.

If you want to save some $$$, spend an extra few minutes doing a good
pack job and go to UPS direct.  That surcharge is amazing!  If you want
your local entrepreneur to stay in business, just grab that part you
need to return and trot on down to his store.  They will carefully
package it in the appropriate sized box, painstakingly cushion your core
with enviornmentally incorrectly styrofoam peanuts, apply enough
adhesive backed plastic tape to ensure the box will survive the worst
the UPS handlers can dish out.  They then take your money and the
masterpiece they just created.  Boy, I hope TRF recycles all those
peanuts!

<soapbox off mode>

BTW, the new shop is done, and the TR250's are moving to their new
home!!!

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net
TR250's - They should be rolling into their new home right now but
somebody is answering email instead of working, again.