Re: TR-4 Chassis dimensions<961116193628_1983469301@emout18.mail.aol.com

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR-4 Chassis dimensions<961116193628_1983469301@emout18.mail.aol.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:44:56 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Just in case anyone wants to know . . .

>a TR-4 chassis will fit perfectly into the back of a Toyota pickup truck. . .
>Well widthwise anyhow.  I doubt it would with wire wheels . . it is that
>close . .of course you TR-3 owners are about 3" narrower . . so you might be
>in luck.

>I think that if you have a longbed Toyota you would even be able to set the
>rear tires down on the open tailgate . . . my truck is of course a short bed
>so me and my brother had to get a little creative strapping it down.

>Worked pretty well . . probably looked a little strange . . but that is
>nothing new.
>It also saved me a couple bucks in toll money too.   heheheh

While we're on this subject, me and a friend once moved a Spitfire chassis,
whilst resting it on the hard top of his road going spitfire, this chassis had
the front suspension turrets fitted and was facing downwards so the turrets
were VERY close to the top of the bonnet, all it was held on with was a hand
either side of the hard top.  ;-)  Luckily we didn't go far with it.  Also
carried another inverted Spit chassis in the back of a friends Short wheel Base
Landrover, it stuck up WAY above the cab, and also had the remains of the body
resting on the bottom of the chassis, very precarious!!! :-)

While I'm here, I have found a place advertising TR and SPit/GT6 high ratio
steering racks and pinions.  ANyone interested I'll find out more details, but
I think they cost about 75 quid(You build the steering rack).

Rich