Re: Help, Carburettor Leak

To: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Help, Carburettor Leak
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 07:26:38 -0500
Cc: Jim Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve Sutton wrote:

> Sounds like the o-ring around the plug has hardened with age...

> It's a simple job to replace, although you need to remove the float bowl to do
> it, as the plug is plastic (with a brass cap) and you need to *carefully*
> squeeze the inner tangs to release the plug,  If you try to pry the plug off
> from the outside you stand a very good change of breaking the plug, and I
> believe it is almost impossible to obtain a replacement plug.

I don't know about other suppliers, but TRF sells these, or at least
did this spring.  I bought two for rebuilding a spare set of carbs I
took
off of a junkyard engine.  (The originals were no longer serviceable.)
However, they aren't cheap, I seem to recall they were around $7 each...

--ken

'74 TR6, CF27535, 6-month daily driver

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com