Re: Waxes

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: Waxes
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 21:31:04 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gary Oehrle wrote:

> Any opinions  or experiences on waxes etc. ?

Gary,

    I really like "CARNUBA premium paste wax" by Blue Coral. I
find it applies well, lasts long enough, and has that character-
istic carnuba smell that reminds me of the "Classic Car Wax" stuff
that my Dad used when he waxed a car he would care about. Having
said all these good things about it, I must tell you it is reason-
ably priced too, at about five bucks a can at the local auto parts
discount joint; so how can you lose?
   I have used "Mother's" wax and was disapointed, it would cloud
up, dull and haze in next to no time. Which really amazed me because
of all the good things I've heard about it.

>   I have just finisted the restoration on a
> 1960 TR3 and will be needing some protection for
> paint, chrome

    Use the above for this purpose.

>and leather/vinyle.

    For what it's worth, I usually apply a *small* amount of the
world famous "Armorall". I don't use so much that the interior looks
as though it were clear coated with Imron; just a little to give it
a very slight sheen. And NEVER use it on the tires...Why do people
insist in making tires shiny? They never were shiny new so shouldn't
be artificially shined up, I say.

                              JOE IV
                              TR 250
                       WALLINGFORD, CT. USA

P.S. You'll problably get a different wax suggestion from everybody
     you ask.Good Luck