re: clutch problems TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: clutch problems TR3A
From: Jeff Williamson <jaws@mich.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:10:01 -0500
On Mon, 18 Nov 1996,  M. W. Jordan, Jr. wrote:

> Get back to the shop and am unable to get the clutch to work at all.  > Pedel
>goes to the floor, no effect. The fluid cup seems full; no > apparent leaks at
>either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder.
>
> I guess a take down of the MC and the slave cylinder is next.  Any
> suggestions as to what I thought I did right that is so wrong ?

I've had the same experience before in my 3A. Try bleeding the clutch
again and I'll bet you find air in the fluid. If you do, check the
fittings to the master cylinder for tightness or cross-threading. If
that's not the problem, then I bet wrong and I don't have a clue, sorry.

Jeff Williamson
Belleville, MI
1958 TR3A