Re: American Racing Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: American Racing Wheels
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 00:07:56 -0500
I do somewhat agree with Bob Lang about the AR wheels.  But I think he has
been soured a little by his tough experiences looking for a single really
rare wheel.

After looking long and hard for a set of AR silverstone wheels (8 spoke)  I
had just about broke down and bought some Panasports or Minilite replicas.

They are very good wheels...  no doubt about it.  Attractive and better than
the originals.

Then I did end up finding a set. . . magnesium no less.  I was (and still am)
delighted.

I was told that I would be out of luck as all the wheels were either snapped
up by the vintage racers, or were just plain old too expensive.   True, but
it isn't hopeless.

If I were you, I'd go a head and get a set of new wheels. . .they won't
disappoint you.  Then you can continue looking for the real mccoy without the
pressure.  I don't imagine you'd have any trouble selling the replicas if you
did find your "dream wheels."

Just my two cents worth.