Dash knob removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash knob removal
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:50:21 -0800
Since everyone is questioning the slow down in mail, I thought I'd ask a simple
question
which I was planning on figuring out when I was calm, collect, and ready NOT to
be
frustrated....

In getting ready to remove the dash panel for refinishing, I am perplexed in
getting the
control knobs off. This includes both the heater controls, etc. and the
interior
illumination control in my '70 TR6.  The manual references that tou push in. Is
there a
translation problem with British terms? I've tried squeezing, pulling, etc...
and the
buggers don't seem to want to budge. I gave a quick try with the dimmer
switch, but
quickly abandoned that since it has no "neck" and is just a turn knob.

Hope this may bring a smile to some of your faces, but your help will still be
appreciated:)!

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6