Re: Stromberg seats

To: rbaugher@naplesnet.com
Subject: Re: Stromberg seats
From: Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 07:56:11 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, stag@mailgate.wizvax.net
Robb Baugher wrote:

> I've got two very thick gaskets (3/8" or so) under my Stromberg carbs
> and above the pedestal seat and one of them is kind of rotten.  I can't
> find them in SNG Barrat's catalog or in Rimmer's online catalog.
> Rimmer's told me that I'm looking for part is #159871, "but they are
> nowhere near as thick as you describe".
>
> Can anybody explain?  My carbs don't appear to have been modified.
>
>  Robb Baugher
>  73' Stag
>  Marco Island, FL, USA

Robb,

My engine has the same gaskets beneath the carbs.  I am not sure, but I
would imagine they are designed to block the engine heat from conducting
into the carb body and boiling the fuel.  You probably need to get
replacement gaskets that are the same thickness both to keep the fuel in
the carbs cool and to maintain alignment to the air filter intake elbows.
 If you can't get the correct ones, I would think you could probably
stack up a few thinner ones.  Good Luck

Dan Pruzan
71 Stag
Santa Clara, CA