Kenlowe fans

To: stag@mailgate.wizvax.net
Subject: Kenlowe fans
From: Robb Baugher <rbaugher@naplesnet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:32:27 EST
Cc: rbaugher@naplesnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Since I've got to replace the timing chains on my Stag, I figured I
might as well replace the marginal fan clutch at the same time.  The
price isn't that much higher to get the Kenlowe electric fan kit from
Rimmer Bros. so I'm considering that.  Since I live in SW Florida I
figure I should do everything I can to improve the Stag cooling system
before next summer.

My question is about the switches.  I was looking through the
list archives and saw references to dash switches.  Does this require a
manual switch?  I assumed it had an automatic temperature controlled
switch.

Also I found a message that I don't quite understand.

 > Bret Cravens wrote many months ago..
 >
 > ..installed a direct-drive lightweight fan, and converted my two
 > air-conditioning pusher fans to be switchable from the dash, but I
 > did all those things just as precautions!

Is a direct drive fan better?  Is the switch for the AC pusher fans so
that they can be run without running the AC?

Thanks,

 Robb Baugher
 73' Stag
 Marco Island, FL, USA