Re: Engine Oil Weight

To: jibrooks@juno.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Oil Weight
From: CMaster808@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 10:15:17 -0500
Jack

I would think that with the high cost of the synthetic oils, one would lean
more towards longer intervals between full replacement, but might tend to
change filter and top off in between say every 6000 or so.  Does this make
sense or not?  I read in JC Whitney last night about a magnetic wrap for the
filter , Whats the opinions of this out there?  I was thinking of taping a
couple of mags to mine just for a trial, then cutting the filter open and
having a look see for myself.

Chet

But before this is possible I need to get a oil cooler installed so I can
 then put on my canister adapter, bought the one that has the ports for the
cooler hoses, looks like the cooler has to be inplace for the adapter to be
able to work ie: can't bypass the ports has to flow out one and back two.