Re: Engine Oil Weight

Subject: Re: Engine Oil Weight
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 96 14:12:09 -0800
Cc: "triumph" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Boy,

Quite a bit of traffic on this one.

I almost always use straight 30wt in my cars. Maybe it's because my
engines are old and tired, maybe it's because I'm cheap. Maybe it's cause
I can get away with it since the weather's so nice out here. I don't know
much about synthetics or petroleum chemistry, but the main thing I've
been told about older engines is JUST CHANGE THE OIL!!!!!
Regular oil changes are much more important than what kind you use. I
just get whatever national brand is on sale at Kragen, and 30wt seems to
work for me.
Just my .02cc's of Valvoline.

Cheers,

John Matthews