replacement convertible tops

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: replacement convertible tops
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 19:56:24 -0600
I bought my '79 Spitfire with a factory hardtop and no convertible top
or frame. I have just purchased a frame from someone on this list
(thanks again!!) and am de-rusting & painting it this weekend. I'm in no
rush to purchase a top (in Iowa, I won't be driving it without the
hardtop for a few months), but I'm interested in hearing other list
members' opinions on the various types of tops that are available for
when I do pick one up. Victoria British has tops by three different
manufacturers, for example. (Crown, Robbins, & Tickford OE.)

Any opinions?

Ken Tharp
West Des Moines, Iowa
'79 Spitfire