Fwd: replacement convertible tops

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: replacement convertible tops
From: ArthurK101@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:18:13 -0500
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: replacement convertible tops
Date:    96-11-24 13:31:52 EST
From:    ArthurK101
To:      kthinc@dwx.com

> I'm interested in hearing other list
>  members' opinions on the various types of tops that are available for
>  when I do pick one up. Victoria British has tops by three different
>  manufacturers, for example. (Crown, Robbins, & Tickford OE.)
>
>  Any opinions?

Ken, in '93 I replaced my TR4 top with a Robbins from TRF.  Since I had
replaced the top in 1972 with a factory original I had the opportunity to
compare the two.  The Robbins is excellent as far as originality and the
quality is also excellent.  They even made one for me with a tan interior
(rather than the black interior TRF had) because the original was tan.  And
at no extra cost - just had to wait a few weeks.  Don't know about the other
brands, but I recommend Robbins.
Whatever top you buy, I strongly recommend that you get some advice before
 you do any installation.  I didn't and almost screwed it up.
Art Kelly