Re: TR3A Part wanted Glove box door.

To: Kuispis@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Part wanted Glove box door.
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 19:20:46 -0800
At  5:23 PM 11/23/96 -0500, Kuispis@aol.com wrote:
>My original black glove box door was wounded by the original owner.  A not so
>original thief ransacked the glove box, breaking and entering by ripping the
>entire glove box out from under the dash.  This occurred in 1962 and no
>spares were available except by special order through the dealer from the
>factory.  Since he lacked a radio and now had a snappy fold down panel
>section in the dash, he decided to install an AM receiver.  I got this Fine
>British Sporting Automobile from him in 1987 along with many apologies for
>his lack of thought in cutting a hole in the Glove Box door.  They (all the
>'theys' I could find) do not make spares for the door yet, so if anyone has
>an original black vinyl covered Glove Box door with aluminium back/hinge,  I
>would be willing to part with a good deal of cash for it.     Thanks, Frank
>Zajac 1960TR3A

So if you have the ramains of the old door you have a complete pattern.
Strip the old vynal off the door, Get some wood the correct thickness and
using the old door as a pattern, cut a new door.  use the remains of your
old aluminum backing & purchase a small sheet of aluminum & cut it to size.
You can polish one side.  Go to your hardware store & get a length of
chromed or stainless pino hinge.  Get some vynal & assemble.

This is probably the easiest part on the car for the home mechanic to reproduce.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com