Re: More TR Clunk Stuff

To: cstretz@FreeMark.COM
Subject: Re: More TR Clunk Stuff
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:36:11 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 11:30:54 -0500 cstretz@FreeMark.COM (Chad M. Stretz)
writes:
>Thanks again to everyone that offered info on the CLUNK.  I
>found a replacement diff to use but now I'm concerned about
>gear ratios.  The fellow I bought it from said it was from a
>74 TR6 with overdrive.  Were there two different gear ratios
>available?  I guess I wouldn't mind the car being a little
>quicker around town, but I sure don't want to lose my top
>end.  Did the OD equipped TR6's have a lower geared diff or
>do they really do 85 mph at 3000 rpm?
>
>Chad Stretz
>73 TR6 CF7511U

According to the Roadster Factory catalog, all carbureted TR6s use a 3.7
diff.  Fuel injected cars used a 3.45.  TRF can supply special ratios,
limited slip, etc.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)