TR8/TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8/TR3
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:19:22 -0500 (EST)
Well I took the plunge today and bought a 1980 TR8, 52K miles. Really good
new paint job,
new top. Interior is a bit tacky. No rust, goes very well, hass an offy
manifold with a Rochester carb. Paid $ 5500 and I have no idea if I got a
deal, fair price etc. Anyone out there who can comment?. I'm always a
nervous wreck when I buy another of these damn cars, must be the masochist
in me.Trouble is my darn wife eggs me on instead of getting pissed off like
a good wife should.

Now my problem! I still have this immaculate TR3 I MUST SELL and nobody
seems to want a show quality car! I dropped the price2000 and two people
looked at it, bought other TR3's that were a thousand dollars cheaper, and
have had nothing but trouble since. Is it worth advertising in Hemmings?
I/ve had a couple of inquiries off this board, but thats it! This car needs
nothing except to have the top fitted. Has won a prize in every show its
been in, asking 10,500.