Re: O/D Mount

To: Liste Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O/D Mount
From: Eric Noel <101367.40@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Nov 96 18:36:44 EST
Eric,

I'm a bit surprised to hear of a 67' MK2, should'nt it be a MK3 ?
However, the overdrive mount is the same. I got this part in july from Rimmer
Bros and John Kipping both in UK, but the number I ordered was 159656. This is
the number they both have in their respective catalogues.
In my factory parts list for MK3 the number is 134229, as you said.
Rimmer had the original part, with the good shape (and Rover stickers) for about
L15. Due to my bad english (I live in France/Europe, british readers will
smile...), I got this part from both suppliers, since one of them understood
this was an order when I only asked for prices. This mistake was very
instructive because the rebuilted part is very different from the original. I
think it will fit well the overdrive and the mounting plate which attaches to
the chassis, but the rubber doesn't work correctly in the vertical direction :
the top metal part attached to the overdrive reach the bottom part attached to
the mounting plate through the rubber. There is no rubber less between top and
bottom part of the mount. The horizontal axle should work the same way of the
original mount.
I hope this helps,

Eric Noel
Spitfire MK3 1970
FD75462L : L no LO, so without overdrive ! But soon...