Re: TR3/TR4(early) seats

To: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TR3/TR4(early) seats
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:52:03 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Huh?

Your second question first.  At about the end of the 1962 model year
(CT15076) the seat design changed.  One of the primary differences was
that instead of the back of the seat tipping forward, the entire seat was
hinged at the front. (From Piggott's book)

If you have covers on the seat bottoms, the first seam (from the front)
goes all the way across the seat on the TR3A; where on the late TR4 the
two front to back seams go all the way to the front edge.

Also, I don't think there was a bottom "pan" on the '3, but was open
springs on the bottom with a heavy wire about 4-6" from the back which
hooks into a "bracket" on the seat frame.

Hope this helps (and if anyone else has a different observation feel free
to jump in...)

later...
| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator              INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\    '58 TR3A  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/cfm-tr3.html   /