TR6 clutch trouble part 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clutch trouble part 2
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 07:50:55 -0800
So, what do you all think of the possibility of motor oil finding its way
into the fluid somehow, thus contaminating it and causing the gradual
failure of the seals?  This was suggested by Rebe Trickey, from this list,
(thanks!) and it's the only thing I've heard so far that I've not thought
of or been able to rule out.  (No offense to others who contributed...)  I
have heard from 2 or maybe three of you who have had experience with the
fluid turning black on you, and I think that's very interesting.  Does this
mean that if all the rest of you go out right now and look inside your
reservoir you will find clean and clear fluid inside?  Should TR6 owners
expect that their fluid will fill up with black gunk?  I hope not.  I'd
like to hear some more experiences.  How does the clutch hydraulic system
in YOUR car behave?  Can you actually just drive it and not have to worry
about it?  Boy... would THAT be nice!!!??  I still keep a spare rebuild kit
on hand.  It would be nice not to have to!

Appreciate your further inputs :)

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6 with perpetually ailing clutch hydraulics, etc, etc.