Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)

To: dynamic@pbgi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 96 14:50:15 EST
     Is it possible that the "black" residue to which you all refer is
     aluminum scuffing from the master and slave cylinder housing combined
     with a little worn rubber from seals, et al???

     Generally I have found that flushing the clutch and brake system with
     new fluid results in relatively clean fluid for a while until wear
     begins to contaminate the contents again.  I've made it a practice to
     change the fluid periodically, and have had little trouble with clutch
     or brakes since 1980 (replaced a clutch slave cylinder once)...

     Other LBC owners have previously provided comments on the use of
     silicone fluids...so I'll abstain except to observe that LMA has
     served many LBC well for many years...failures are usually
     attributable to poor or non existent maintenance.

     PMQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6
     69 GT-6+ (2)