Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:00:13 -0800
Peter:

Thanks for the tips... Have you ever had to rebuild both cylinders on a car
every three weeks?  I wouldn't complain nearly so much if the fluid just
turned black, but this is accompanied with the eventual and rapid failure
of the system, sometimes as rapid as three weeks' time on a daily driver.
The fluid becomes black just 100 miles or less after the rebuild.  My plan
(perhaps) is to purchase one new master cylinder and one new slave cylinder
as soon as I am able, at which point I will replace both after flushing
thoroughly with alchohol the hydraulic line, and then filling the system
again with silicone fluid.  Now, remember, I did try silicone once before
without success, but I was not starting with new parts.  I am fearful that
after this expense the problem will continue, because that has always been
what has happened in the past.  Oh, and I do think there may be some
metallic particles in the fluid as well, as a matter of fact.

thank you!

Pete Chadwell

    Is it possible that the "black" residue to which you all refer is