Re: Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)

To: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: TR6 clutch (Final Fix)
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:16:08 -0500
Cc: dynamic@pbgi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
JIMDAV6@aol.com wrote:

> Pete,
> If you replace your brake master and slave cylinders, bleed the system
> completely, replace the rods and pins and your clutch doesn't completely
> disengage after a few hundred miles of operation, your problems are not
> (IMHO) hydraulic. I, along with thousands of TR owners have traveled hundreds
> of thousands of miles with MC's filled  with black goo which dripped on our
> loafers and still had functioning clutches. Your problems (once again IMHO)
> must be mechanical.
> Wishing you smooth shifting,
>
> Jim Davis
> CF38690UO
> CF37325U

Not 100% correct. A fellow Delaware Triumph club member has had an
ongoing clutch problem for over 2 years and had replaced everything
hydraulic in his TR6. It was not the mechanical clutch components. He
finally replaced again(two brand new ones) the master cylinder and that
solved the problem. After contacting The Roadster Factory they admitted
to a bad batch of new master cylinders being manufactured without
anyones knowledge and that was the culprit of the TR6 owners problem.
After 2 years of horseing around and changing things, countless numbers
of bleeding the system and a host of mechanics working on the car- all
because of faulty brand new parts!
--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA