Re: Body dolly, was Resto. Seq.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body dolly, was Resto. Seq.
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 19:21:55 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-25 20:42:42 EST, JimBPPS@aol.com writes:

>Ypu mention that you put the body on a "dolly".  What kind of dolly?  Did
you
>or someone you know, build it or did you buy it on the open market?
>
>Please let me know what you used and what your experience was as I'm about
>pull the body of my TR3 off the frame and I will need something to move the
>body around on.

Jim:

I built a rolling platform for my TR3B body out of scrap 2 x 6 lumber and
some large casters.  It's basically a platform that's wide enough to straddle
the frame, with 4 legs that are long enough to clear the frame and engine.
  That way I can roll the body completely out of the garage and leave the
frame, etc. where it can be worked on, or visa versa.  It only takes 2 men to
lift the body tub, and the dolly doesn't have to be real strong (I wouldn't
work under it, though).  Anyway, it worked out OK in my situation.  If space
isn't an issue, a pair of 2 x 6s with casters on each end would probably do
just fine to roll the body around on.  Again, it's not particularly heavy...

G'luck,
Don Marshall
'57 TR3  '62 TR3B  '63 TR4