TR8 Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8 Questions
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:31:24 -0800
Stuart Bollen,

I can't help with the carb question; surely there's a model number or
some type of marking that someone could identify it by?

The TR8 wheel color question has recently been on the TR8 list.  Ivan
Love, THE TR8 guru has researched this thoroughly.  He states in the #61
VTR magazine that NAPA color #2AINT & Ram 95-39378 found in Napa's
MA3218 book is correct.  Ask a NAPA person to interpret!

On my 79 coupe the thermostat housing is painted the same as the
manifold--the blue/gray color (same as the valve covers).  On my 81 with
fuel injection, where the manifold is left natural, the housing is left
natural also.  The flame trap is painted the same blue gray color.

Rimmer Brothers and TRF are starting to supply seat covers and door
panels.  Ivan Love has put the panels on his TR7, which I saw in Albany
this year.  They look pretty good; couldn't tell if you didn't know what
to look for (top of panel has not quite as smooth of a curve as
original).  Randy Fritz, a friend of mine with an 80 TR8 has redone his
seats and foams with the kits supplied by TRF.

Your post has got me slightly baffled.  Obviously has a carb on it now so
I assume it was a carb car originally.  Yet you state it doesn't have
tartan seat covers.  What year is it?  My 79 coupe, originally imported
into Canada, has the "ribbed" pattern seat covers, not to be confused
with the 81 style non tartan covers.

Hope this helps some.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.