TR8 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8 questions
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 22:08:42 -0500 (EST)
Any help appreciated on the following questios:

1. Car has a Rochester carb. How can I tell if its the right CFM, correct
jets etc. Seems most people convert to 390 Holleys.

2. The wheels are a dull grey. What was the original finish, and can I
restore them?

3. I thought all interiors were plaid? Mine isn't. Can you get new door
panels, seat kits etc?

4. Thermostat housing is rusty. What is correct finish?

5. Ditto for the valve cover flame trap.

6. Can I put in halogens without burning out wiring etc?

7. How did the original ignition work? This car has a Lucas electronic
distributor with an Allison module. Can I use a sports coil?

Many thanks. Stu.