re:tr3a seat springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:tr3a seat springs
From: wsachse@ncinter.net (Bill Sachse)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:05:36 -0500
I had a similar experience with TRF two years ago.  The pre-paid seat
springs I ordered never showed up. I finally gave up, got my $ back and
ordered them from Moss. Guess what- they had TRF part #'s on them.  They
were, in all fairness, not the same quality as the originals and that was
the reason TRF wouldn"t sell them.  They wanted a higher quality part.  So
I installed them in my car and they did not provide the proper support for
my slight 220+# frame.  A design engineer friend of mine suggested that I
fill the voids between the springs with foam rubber and now all is well
with the seat springs.  Thanks Bert! (he's an Alfa guy but we don't hold
that against him).  So this is a long story but you may find that you can
gain by my experience.  By the way,  I am really sorry to hear all the sad
stories about wintering cars out in Florida and California.  We've already
had an honest four feet of snow where I'm at in Erie, Pa.- now that calls
for putting up your cars up for the winter season.

                                                Bill Sachse
                                                '59 Tr 3-A
                                                '67 Tr 4-A
                                                '71 Tr 6