Re: TR3A Seats & seat rails

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Seats & seat rails
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 08:09:43 -0800
At  8:16 AM 11/28/96 -0500, Angelo Graham wrote:
>Hello to the list and happy Thanksgiving Day to all of our American cousins;
>Was following with interest the past discussion on TR3 seat pans and seats.
>In my case, I have good seats, but no apparent way to mount the seats to the
>floor.  My seats have no mounting plates, sliders, etc attached to them.
>Ditto the floor.  I have managed to find 3 flat mounting plates/sliders with
>the parts that came with the car, but not sure how the whole system works.
>Can't find anything in any manuals or catalogues illustrating seat rail
>arrangement in TR3's.   Can anyone help?  Any TR3 owners care to look under
>their seats and help me figure this one out?
>
>Many thanks
>Angelo Graham
>1959 TR3A
>Waterloo, Ont. Canada

Sounds to me like you are in the market for a new set of sliders.  They are
available new. They have built in threaded mounting studs that tend to
break off during seat removal.

You need two top sliders and two bottom sliders for each seat.  Each slider
is basically an 'L' shaped assy.  If its not obvious that you have two
different kinds and that the two kinds can fit together you may have ether
all top sliders or all bottom sliders.  Having seen the condition of many
used sliders, I don't recommend searching for used ones.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com