TR6 Transmission rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Transmission rebuild
From: jhh19@mail.idt.net (John Howard)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 08:14:25 -0500
 I've been reading the list for a few months and now hope I can draw on its
collective experience and wisdom. I've started an overhaul of my 73 gearbox
(with OD, which I'm not touching), intending to fix worn syncro and stop
the drip. Tranny is now on the bench. First discovery is a deep gouge in
the clutch operating shaft apparently caused by improperly seated taper
pin. No harm done, I guess. Clutch operates fine.
Inaddition to syncro fix, what else should I do since i have the box open?
Does the TRF "overhaul kit" make sense?
While the clutch is fine, should I take some preemtive action?
I too have the famous "clunk." Diff is OK, I think, so should I do a rebuild of
the prop shaft since its so nicely available?
Will greatly appreciaite your input.

Thanks, John, CF 9071 fair weather driver since '81.