TR8 refrences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8 refrences
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 00:02:12 -0800
Stuart,

I'm not knocking these books but they are geared more toward the
"traditional" TR series cars.  The best engine bay picture is from the
covertible sales brochure.  You can usually find them from vendors at the
larger shows or from Walter Miller (found listed in the cassifieds of
British Car, Hemmings, etc.) or from the TR8 Car Club of America.  You
can check out the World Wide Wedge at http://triumph.cs.utah.edu/TR8/

There is also a TR8 list which you should subscribe to.  Post me directly
and I'll send you info as to how to join.

Pick up these books: Triumph TR7 & TR8 1975-1981 Owmers & Buyer's Guide
by James L. Taylor, published by Yesteryear Books.  These are easy to
find and can be ordered from Classic Motorbooks  1 800 826-6600.  Part #
120340E, $15.95.  Ask Santa to drop in you stocking Triumph Gold
Portfolio TR7 & TR8 1975-82  #119786  $24.95.  If you have been an
exceptionally good boy this year maybe Santa can find an out of print
copy of The Complete Guide To The Triumph TR7 and TR8 by William
Kimberley.

Unfortunately there is no concours guide available, although Ivan Love,
the TR8 guru has talked about trying to produce one.

You need to join the TR8 CCA.  Write :
                       TR8 CCA
                       C/O Bill Sweeting
                       266 Linden Street
                       Rochester, NY 14620

Dues are $15 per year.  Send in you VIN #, color and build date as these
are all registered for future reference.  While you at the WWW page,
check out all of the archives.  Lot's to wade through but if you are
patient you can usually find the answer to just about any and every
question ever asked about a TR8.

Hope all this helps.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.