TR-6 Heater Blower Motors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Heater Blower Motors
From: Garry Hamblin <ghamblin@eagle.wbm.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 21:30:37 -0800
The heater blower motor in my '69 Tr-6 packed it in recently.  It is
currently -22C as I write this and this is understandably of great
concern to me.  I am getting tired of wearing my snowmobile suit just to
go to work.  Does anyone know of a motor of similar specs that might be
available locally that I can replace this with.  Or conversely where I
might be able to buy a new original one at a decent price.  I was down
to my local auto electric store and they had no listing but tried to
match it up with something similar but to no avail.
I have removed the motor from the heater box. [An ugly job - don't ask]
and it is of Smith's manufacture.  It is a 2 speed motor, but I would be
more than happy with 1 speed, a la TR-4.
Hope someone can help with this.