Re: Hard Tops & Car Covers

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Hard Tops & Car Covers
From: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 16:41:32 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,
Welcome to the marque!
I love my steel hardtop, but not for it's weather resistance. Frankly, it's
not that much more leakproof than the soft top. The major benefit, other than
that it looks great, is the way it tightens up the car and dramaticly
improves its handling charicteristics.
If the hard top you're considering is rust free, $400 is a fair price IMHO.
Most of the parts needed to restore a hard top are available from TRF. I
recomend adding insulation of some type under the headliner. I glued
Insultech to the steel between the bows and it makes a great improvement in
sound deadening.
I have been happy with the evolution 4 covers and they fit the car reasonably
well with the hard top fitted. I seem to remember someone on the list
remarking covers are available cheap from Covercraft.
Good Luck,

Jim Davis
CF38690UO
CF37325U