Nick's Survey

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Nick's Survey
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 16:11:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Nick and those of us who care about Nick's block/head number
survey,

As the proud owner of three TR250 engines, I feel obliged to lend a hand
here. I went to the garage, flashlight and rag in hand, pencil and paper
in pocket. Two engines laying on floor were easy, the third is still in
a car, so moving all the stuff off to get to the numbers was a chore.
But I prevailed.

The real question is, is my information helpful, or will it just stir
the pot with more questions?

First, the raw data.

Engine #        Head #

CC435E          307837
CC3837E         307837
CC6999E         307837

So, seems simple, right?

Wrong.

The part number on the head showed up in a different place on the head
mated to 'ole 435...

On 3837 and 6999 the number was cast between the forward head bolts, as
was descirbed in Nick's first post requesting our help.  However, the
part number cast on the head attached to 435 is on a boss in line with
the forwardmost head bolt, outboard from the combustion chamber.  Come
to think of it, the heads may of looked a little different as well.
Hummmmm.

So Nick, what does this mean???  Enquiring minds don't want to know,
they NEED to know! But not right away, as I am going out of town for a
week.

BTW, I have no history on these engines.

Good luck.  By the time I return I am sure you will have cleared up this
mystery for us!   ;-)

Regards

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net