I'm back! (long)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm back! (long)
From: "Dan Harriman" <KC5GXL@pnx.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:33:19 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <KC5GXL@PNX.COM>
Hello fellow scions;
   Just got back from the land of perma-frost. It was a fast and
frenzied trip! Made it to Findlay, Ohio from Orange, Tx in a little
less than 19 hours! Real uneventful trip, so far. Then, after getting
there, came a freezing rain! It has been about 15 years since driving
on solid water, I was glad that I was already there. Spent about two
days there and then we were off to the great white north! We pulled
into a little town in Mich called Lapeer. (About 20 miles east of
Flint and 75 miles north of Windsor, Ont. Canada) Spent two days
there  eating everything in sight. Drank too much
apple cider. (hadn't drank any for the afore mentioned 15 years.)
Felt like Dumber in the movie Dumb and Dumber! (Thank goodness for
Immodium A-D!)
   But I digress. 4 inches of snow in Mich while I was there. Back to
Ohio. Thought about Tom Tweed as I flew past Dayton. Did you see the
blue bomba, Tom? Got to Tenn just as the worst storm in recorded
history got there. As we were traveling along I-40 west past the
Tennessee river, a Herald passed us by. Could hardly believe my eyes.
Had to catch up with it to make sure one of those little bombs really
passed me up. VERY FEW vehicles pass me on the freeway! Sure enough,
it was one of the little beasties. It only took 10 miles of all out
pedal to the metal driving to catch it.
   Finally, we made it into Ms. Got into Jackson hotter than a pepper
sprout...er... (wrong story) On the north side of Jackson, Ms., on
the south-bound side of I-55, there is a dealership that apparently
specializes in Triumphs! Remarkable! You must remember that I have
now been driving for 15 hours straight! The mind must be playing
tricks on me! Asked the wife. She said that there were LBCs in that
thar building. There were 2 TR-6, 1 spit and couldn't make out what
the other ones were.
   All in all, it was a real enjoyable trip. The lbc's made it all
the better. Glad to be back in town.
Dan