RE: Oxygen sensor?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oxygen sensor?
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:46:28 -0600
>Sorry, the Oxygen sensor is definitely not stock.  It can be added and
>hooked up to a multimeter (secured inside the car) to determine the
>dynamic rich/lean ness of the mixture in exactly the same way it's used
>on a computer controlled injection system.  The only problem is that the
>driver has to act as the computer :)
>You can also go so far as to set one up in each of the primaries of a
>test header so that when you bench test the engine, you know exactly
>what is going on mixture wise in each cylinder across the whole RPM band
>and under various load conditions.
>Regards - Scott.
>
>>----------

You can also buy LED guages that will hook up to an oxygen sensor to allow
you to evaluate your engines rich/lean conditions as you drive.  This type
of setup has been extremely valuable to me for tuning carbs and adjustable
fuel injections(Holley ProJection 4 on my Camaro).  My personal favorite is
the  K&N guage with 10 LEDs.  Most others do not have as good a range.  I
think that it reads from 12 to 1, up to 17 to 1, in 0.5 increments(10 LEDs).
The K&N guage can be purchased with or without the O2 sensor.  It works with
a wide variety of sensors but probably not all.

Of course I have nothing to do with K&N (or Holley) except that I use their
product.

Eric
esc@firstnethou.com
If god hadn't intended it to have a V8,