Difference between a '70-72 TR6 and a '74?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Difference between a '70-72 TR6 and a '74?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 22:48:50 -0600
On the verge of packing all my stuff and shipping it off to cold and muggy
Denmark, I came to think of whether there were more things I should try and
swap before I left TX.  My TR6 is an early '74 TR6 - and I finally caught up
to a front bumper with the overriders off another early '74 TR6 that was
being parted out (now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it will make
it to Austin before I leave).  But...I have come to like the high-back seats
(the reclining ones) from the '70-72 TR6's - and I was wondering if I could
just fake it and pretend mine was a say '72 TR6 - and drop in the high-back
seats (being 6 feet 5 I would feel a bit safer in an accident with the
high-backs)...but then I was wondering whether there were other things that
needed to be changed to make the fake work? I know the overriders on the
bumpers have to go, and I have taken off all the emission crap in the
engine-bay - but any things that can be seen from  the outside that would
reveal my fake? I have my ignition switch on the steering column - and will
have to live with  that - but it also appears to be more theft proof with
the steering column lock - and there are probably a few other dash
panel-items that would give me away, but...any insights would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - SOLD
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project