Re: TR 6 REAR AXLES

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 REAR AXLES
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 09:55:14 -0800
>     haven't driven it hard enough yet to report on the full performance,
>     but have not felt any clunks or twitches when changing gears after
>     hard cornering!

John:

This is an interesting comment to me, because long ago I noticed that
immediately after exiting a hard right turn in my TR6, I would experience a
fairly noticeable twitch when changing up to, say, third gear under hard
acceleration.  For just an instant, the car yaws to the left... right when
you shut the throttle for the upshift.  I always thought it was due to
bushing deflection in the trailing arms... is it also a symptom of axle
troubles?

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6
1970 TR6 (parts)