Letter from Gary W. Morrow

To: mjb@triumph.cs.utah.edu, morrow@saber.udayton.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Letter from Gary W. Morrow
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 09:26:03 PST
All,

        Over the past 24 hours, we have received some 20+
messages from Gary Morrow (Subject MJB/AOL).  I wrote to
Gary directly to see if there were some insidious mailer
problems at work, and it appears so.  I attach Gary's letter.
Gary did not write to the list explaining the problem for fear
of another bombing.

        The question is, how can Gary resubscribe to the list
and yet not repeat the bombardment?

        Shane Ingate

        >Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:51:06 -0500
        >From: morrow@saber.udayton.edu
        >To: ingate@shiseis.com
        >Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net
        >
        >Help!
        >I am so sorry for the trouble that I caused the triumphs list, over
one carelessand thoughtless post that I should NEVER have sent in the first
place. It was
        >a fast reaction to having read MJB's reply immediately after reading
Simcoe's
        >fairly well reasoned plea, I was tired, in a bad mood about something
else and
        >just reacted like a jerk. Unfortunately, now the foolish message is
apparently
        >being repeated over and over again to the list! At first, I thought
that an
        >AOL person had set this up, but now I think it is a problem with my
own net
        >connection. I sent a message to majordomo to 'unsubscribe' to the
triumphs
        >list and got a return message that said I was not a subscriber, which
means
        >that I was dropped from the list, either by MJB or someone else, which
is no
        >problem. I guess I deserved to be terminated and have no cause for
complaint,
        >given the trouble it has caused already. However, I now find that I
have gotten
        >about a dozen or so responses to that request to majordomo (all the
same),
        >which probably means that the original 'unsubscribe' message must have
gone
        >out multiple times. Therefore, I must be the unwitting culprit for the
repreatedmessages also. I am trying to shut it off at this end and would like to