oil filters....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil filters....
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 22:34:20 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8506309171ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 22:39:14 -0800 (PST)
Hello to all,

    Well, the weather here in the Mojave Desert has been beautiful, 65F - 75F
and have just turned 500 miles on my frame-off restoration TR-6 in a little
over a month....time to change the oil and filter.  What a pain in the ?!?*!
the filter is.  I could not get the filter canister out, without dropping the
clutch slave cylinder, so I ended up pulling the filter element out, cleaning
up inside the canister and putting in a new filter... almost 2 hours work....I
know I'm slow but this is .....

    I think Santa needs to bring me one of those spin-on filter adaptors.  I
remember some time ago a thread comparing the differences of 2 or 3 different
units available -- possibly from TRF and Moss -- I recall something about
different thickness of o-rings or some such.  Basically can anyone give me any
info on these... is one better than the other, etc...   Do these take 'normal'
spin on filters that I can pick up at any auto parts house or something
special?

Thanks in advance..

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6