Re: oil filters....

To: Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com, dynamic@pbgi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil filters....
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:54:08 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-16 00:09:23 EST, Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com (Bob
Wilson) writes:

>  I know that for the TR4 there were two Spin-on
>  Oil filter Adapters and it depended on coarseness of the threads
>  the original oil filter canister attached to.  I think one
>  was for a Purolator setup... can't remember the other one.

The TR4s had either an AC or Purolator filter.  The importance of this is
that when changing filters on the original canister you must use the correct
seal at the bottom  side of the canister (the rubber seals - I guess you
could call them "O-rings - are different thicknesses).  The filter kits which
TRf and the other suppliers furnish have two different sized seals included.
 The part of the filter which is on the engine block tells you whether yours
is AC or Purolator.
The original cannister does not screw or spin on.  There is a bolt which goes
down through the cannister and center of the filter and bolts to the part
which is on the engine block.  Hope this is not confusing anyone.  Cheers.
Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)