Re: oil filters....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil filters....
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 09:04:29 -0800 (PST)
>Basically can anyone give me any
>info on these... is one better than the other, etc...   Do these take 'normal'
>spin on filters that I can pick up at any auto parts house or something
>special?

Steve:

I have the TRF spin on adapter, and it takes a Purolator PER-64 filter, the
same one I used to use on my '76 Datsun B210.  Available anywhere! A quick
check in the TRF catalog shows the following filters:
        NAPA1034 (only at NAPA stores)
        Fram PH2825
        Fram PH966
        Purolator FCO64 (later changed to PER64, if memory serves)
        Purolator FCO42

I don't have any knowledge about the different O-rings and such.  The TRF
adapters come with or without oil cooler fittings... given your location
maybe you oughtta jump in with both feet and add the adapter and an oil
cooler set-up!  Either way, it'll make your life easier.

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6