TR6 Engine Overhaul

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Engine Overhaul
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 21:25:51 -0500
Fellow Scions

Well, my TR6 engine's bottom end has been completely disassembled and
for info I plastigauged the rod and mains.  Rod bearings clearances fell
between .002 and .003 and the mains were a solid .003.  No guessing the
source of my low oil pressure, a common thread on this list.

This is my first bottom end rebuild and I was wondering what, if
anything, should I do with the cam?  I'm looking to rebuild and return
the car to daily driver status so I'm not particularly interested in a
hot cam.  Is there something I or a shop should/could check on the cam?
No cam bearings in the TR6 block; anything there to check for?
Bentley's manual doesn't say much about the cam.

All comments and assistance welcome.  Thanks in advance,

Gary Klein
'75 TR6 with a '72 engine