Re: Help! Losing power

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! Losing power
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:27:15 -0100

>Here's a problem to get your collective minds around. One that's been baffling
>me for a long time and I'm desperate to solve it!

[snip]

>Recently as the weather has got colder
>this happens first thing in the morning when the car is first started from
>cold.

I had exactly the same problem years ago with a - wait for it - Daihatsu
Cuore 850. Great little car, but it would die on me on the motorway. What
happened was that the carb venturi got filled with ice (combination of damp,
cold air and rapidly falling pressure), thus messing up the mixture.
Paying attention to the air intake solved the problem. The shield around the
exhaust manifold had partly rotted away on my car, so the air taken in was
too cold.

Hope this helps.

Eric Kieboom, The Netherlands.
('77 Spit 1500)