Re:Help! Losing Power

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Help! Losing Power
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 08:55:56 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8510136823alinkens@farnborough>
Thanks for all the suggestions on fixing this problem.
The most popular one seems to be a fuel delivery problem due to blockages or
dirty filters. I'm going to have to investigate this one.
Thanks for the tip on testing the coil, Mark, I'll check that out too.

If the condenser is defective (as has been suggested and this was a NEW part!)
is there any way of testing a condenser before fitting? It seems a bit rough if
when replacing a condenser, as a matter of course, with a brand new one, you
end up with a worse setup than before! I often tend to replace the condenser,
points and rotor arm at the same time 'cos they're relatively cheap and it
probably isn't cost effective to keep using worn components here.

thanks
Andy L
'69 Vitesse
'76 2500S Estate